Bandit 12 Turbo

Home Forums Members’ bikes Bandit 12 Turbo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    lucky rookie
    Participant

hi
    just thought i would post my project on here
    firstly its a 96 mk1 bandit which i bought for a bargain £400 i rode it for a while and loved it. So winter came and i thought i would do something special to her my aim was 250 bhp ive collected parts for the rebuild and i am progressing fairly quicky
    the frames had a powder coat(cadburys purple) ive polished the wheels and swingarmImage042.jpg

lucky rookie
    Participant

the list of parts is
    TD04 turbo
    home made header pipes
    home made inlet plenum
    bailey dump valve
    malpassi rising rate fuel regulator
    bosch fuel pump (off bmw car)
    MTC lock up clutch
    Trail tech dashboard
    PICT0242.jpg
    just for starters

lucky rookie
    Participant

this is the dashboard ive bought PICT0247.jpg

lucky rookie
    Participant

PICT0245.jpg

lucky rookie
    Participant

mtc lock up clutch good for 360 bhp

Champs
    Participant

very nice mate, looking forward to more updates.

TT07
    Participant

Yes agree with Champs tasty bit of working going on here.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hi Lucky Rookie and welcome. Very nice project you have going on there. What will you do when it’s done, competitions, shows etc or is it a personal project?

Radar

Cheers for posting the pics LR. Luck forward to following your progress.

Another forum member is currently working on a 1200 Bandido special too. You might find it of interest…

https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/the-newest-addition-to-the-garage/

lucky rookie
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

Hi Lucky Rookie and welcome. Very nice project you have going on there. What will you do when it’s done, competitions, shows etc or is it a personal project?

its an engineering quest for myself just to see if i can do it ive always loved the idea of a bike with a turbo on since the days of the xn85 and the turbo maggot lol i will do my best to put regular updates but i can be forgetful so you will have to bear with me

BigBen
    Participant

s’looking good this, the MTC lock up is rather arousing. couple of quids worth of gear there.
    keep the updates coming, ive been waiting quite a while to see this, ask Radar :P

katana
    Participant

Great looking project, look forward to the updates.

I’ve always fancied a turbo myself after having a go on a mates GPZ750 turbo when I was 17. It scared the living crap out of me, but I loved it. When the boost cut in it was like being hit in the chest with a 4X2.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Exact same thing for me Kat, riding a mate’s GPZ750 Turbo. I had the standard GPZ750 at the time and the power delivery on his turbo seemed incredible. Not sure if it equated to a faster road machine because it was a bit ‘raw’ but great fun.

lucky rookie
    Participant

with the air priority valve ive made and a modern turbo lag should be absolute minimum
    the last time i rode the bandit it was 120 bhp and the next time i open the throttle it should be somewhere between 200 and 250 bhp im sure that will be an eye opener lol
    i will keep every body posted hopefully some more pictures soon

andy

lucky rookie
    Participant

new headlights came today as i am going for the classic street fighter look i thought the dominator twin lights would be the right choice PICT0249.jpg
    new bracket will be fabricated over the weekend

Lucky

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.