BMF 2011 Pre-season testing

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe BMF 2011 Pre-season testing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

We are attempting the BMF Moped Enduro again (14th & 15th May), its been a while because Septembers race was cancelled.

Once again we haven’t left much time to prepare but its never let us down in the past.

Last time we raced we emptied the fuel tank afterwards and found a lot of unused fuel we had been carrying around all weekend, so our biggest alteration was removing the standard road going fuel tank (11.5 Litres I believe), and replaced it with a new 3 litre go kart tank, which we expect will require a mid race refuel.

Space for old tank

DPE_0002.jpg

New tank under seat

DPE_0001.jpg

Other alterations, are some knobbly tyres! At last!

DPE_0007.jpg

Not the ones we wanted, but they seem to work pretty well. Narrower than previous which makes the bike pretty twitchy. It may of been our test track (a gulley) but the front seemed very easy to lock, I guess practice will solve that.

Testing got underway, we have two new riders this time out who have little experience on a ‘powered’ bike, so they took most of the runs

slow and steady wins the day… apparently

DPE_0006.jpg

There was a big crowd too

DPE_0004.jpg

Even the press were onsite

DPE_0005.jpg

Joe, One of the more experienced riders testing those knobblys…

DPE_0003.jpg

Fairings need bolting back on, we need most of them on to protect the cooling system, but others we have managed to remove especially around the old fuel tank.

We finsihed 37th from 65 last time, mainly because of lack of grip in the early stages. Hopefully we can find the grip quicker this time round.

Any useful advice for racing on knobblys is more than welcome.

Radar

Liking the knobblies, the worlds largest camera and the ‘I must win’ face in the last pic!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.